PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

So Sad

Sometimes you meet people only once in your life, but their memory is forever embedded in your heart and mind. Last summer while returning from a nice day in Port Dover, my friend and I stopped at the Windmill and met up by chance with someone she knew fairly well and I just met for the first time. It was a chance meeting I still think of plenty of times, even though the meeting was short, this man left an incredible impression on me, not sure why, because we only spoke for a little while and yet it was a deep and interesting conversation. He shared with me some of his trials and tribulations in life and about his work, he used to work for the City, so I guess that was our common ground. He was a very interesting man, and was just down on his luck that ended him in a longterm care facility. He was kind and soft spoken, full of ideas, life and stories to tell.
Well just a few minutes ago I received a call from my friend, who works at this facility, that he was found dead in the snowbanks by the Windmill, apparently he had suffered a major heart attack. He went every day to the Windmill to get himself a coffee, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. At least he died going something that gave him some joy in this world. You will always be in my heart. Rest in peace Tony and God bless you.

No comments: