PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Friday, December 14, 2007

A seesaw kind of day

Today was the last day for our preschool programs, I am kind of glad to get a little break from it know, it's hard to do some of these programs alone and be so responsible for other people's kids. I definitely enjoy working more when the two of us can work together, but sometimes the numbers just don't allow for that. We had a good morning, did lots of Christmas crafts and otherwise a fairly quiet morning. After the kids left we, the staff, had our little gift exchange, I got lots of nice things, actually very nice things. I love my log with the birds and candle, and of course you can never go wrong with a gift card from Tim Hortons and more candles.
When I got home I phone a friend to wish them a happy Birthday, what they had planned as being a nice relaxing quiet day for themselves, was everything else but that. The kids had lots of things planned for them. I am pretty sure my friend will be glad when the birthday will be over. lol...sucks to be you...especially at your age one should start taking it easy. lol....;).

I tried to phone my mom at around lunchtime, but nobody was home, which kind of was unusual, then two hours later the phone rang and it was my mom calling. She had been at the hospital ( it was now 8 pm their time)with my little nephew. He had been in the hospital now for over two weeks and the doctors can't find a darn thing wrong with him, even though he is in severe pain, can't sit, can't bend over, and can hardly walk. He had all kinds of testing done, but nothing showed up anywhere, even though they pinpointed his painful spots, but nothing yet. So we talked about that for a while and then how they cancelled their Christmas plans already and don't know what's going on for the next little while. I just hope and pray it's nothing serious. He already is having a hard time with it, and I know how hard it was for me to be in a hospital that long and longer and not knowing what's wrong with oneself, and how traumatic it was for me, so I can only imagine how it must be for a 8 year old little boy. I know children are very resilient, but still it leaves a lot of scares in one's head and heart. I know I still carry mine around with me.

In the evening I had to work and got a short little visit from a friend, which was nice and unexpected and kind of lifted my mood for the rest of the night. Thanks B. that was nice, but I think you needed the break more than me.

No comments: