PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Having some senior moments...

Over the last few months I have had the chance to work more on the days when our seniors are in to have meetings or just to hang out for lunch and play cards. Well today I took them up on the everstanding offer of having lunch here with them. Mainly I did it because one of the senior ladies is the grandmother of one of the boy's ex-girlfriend and we always talked when the kids were dating and we have continued to talk and chat at every chance meeting and she is a really nice lady. So I shared a brief lunchtime with them today.It's amazing the wisdom some of these seniors have, yah some might be cranky and grouchy, others are top fit and still full of life, but they all have their stack of stories to share and they love to share them, and funny I love to listen to them, it kind of made me see how much I miss my own grandparents and how much I enjoyed having them in my life and how much grandparents do bring to a child's life. I had awesome grandparents and I spend a lot of time with them either they visiting with us or we with them. Of course as a teenager one goes through the phase of not wanting to go on the weekly grandparents visits and rebelling at everything that had to do with family, but over the years one must admit how much one really enjoyed these visits as a child, as a young adult and then even as an adult. I can recall countless summer vacations spend with my grandparents and they were always fun and hold most of my childhood memories. I feel sad for my kids that they never got to really experience the joy of grandparents, my parents were too far away and the visits were few and inbetween and the other grandparents made it their choice to, what I always perceived as being second class grandchildren, not to see them on regular basis or to even do anything with them. So my kids sadly missed out on that, I must say in my parents defence, that when they were here, they were only here to be grandparents and did nothing else but enjoyed being OMA and OPA. So at least my kids have those moments with them to remember, especially with my dad and it's funny what they do remember...

No comments: