PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Day

Wishing all my friends and family a Merry Christmas and I hope everybody will get what they deserve, I mean, what they hoped and wished for.
******************************************************

I got up at around 8 am, showered got dressed, received a nice voice message wishing me a Merry Christmas, got the turkey ready for the oven, talked to my family in Germany on the phone, talked to a friend on the phone and by then the rest of the family finally got up. It's funny, even though the kids are older now and still just as excited about Christmas morning as when they were younger, the time of getting up and check what's under the tree has drastically changed, thank god for small improvements.lol. I didn't open any blinds, just turned on the tree and any other Christmas lights that lit up the room and it looked very festive as they came in. Another change is also apparent in the way they open presents, what used to be a 10 minute event, by just ripping paper off and going to the next, they definitely seemed to enjoy and take in a lot more presently what they got. That was nice to see.
At around noon, the paternal Grandparents arrived and it was gift giving all over again.
Dinner was ready at around 3 pm and I must say it turned out great, everything was ready at the same time, the turkey was really good, and there were enough mashed potatoes for my kids to have left overs again and again, which is really important to them, since they just love mashed potatoes and gravy.
Grandma had made desert for us and everybody enjoyed the pumpkin pies and cheesecake and of course the cookies my daughter had baked.
The rest of the afternoon was spent with grandpa sleeping on the couch, the children enjoying their presents and talking.
At around 6pm my sister-in-law and her family came over, it was definitely nice to see my nieces, who I haven't seen one since last Christmas and the other one since the Graduation in June. It's weird, because I do miss having a real relationship with them so much, but when I see them I know why we don't have one and that's okay with me too. It's sad but there is only one thing on their mind, money and spending it and having all the brand names you can have. Not what I am about at all. So it makes it hard to relate to them or even find anything to talk about, because that's all that they are consumed with. Sad really. But I still love them anyway and wish I had a better relationship with them, especially with the older one, since we used to spend so much time together when she was little and she is mainly a lovely young lady, who has really a good head on her shoulder.
Well it was nice to see them and we shared some good laughter.
At around 8 pm everybody left and it was time for some clean up and dishes to do. But all in all it was a good day and it went by really fast, but I am glad it is over and life can get back to somewhat normal, well once everybody else goes back to work and I have the house to myself for a few hours.

No comments: