PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Monday, February 25, 2013

Dangerous to your health

I had my share of  hospital stays and doctor visits over the course of my life, some of the experiences were not the greatest, due to varies reasons, e.g bad bedside manners of doctors, being left all alone for  weeks, constant tests and needles, allergic reactions, not being able to figure out what is going on and that leading to an array of test for all kind of things. So needless to say I avoid having to go to the doctor or hospital like the plague, by ignoring things and just not dealing with them. I know that is pretty stupid but at least it keeps me out of the doctors office. Somehow I was lucky enough in the last few years to recognize when something is horribly of and I really have no other choice than to seek medical attention at this point. While I still don't like being poked and probed for all kinds of things, I must admit the medical staff I had to deal during my hospital visits and tests over the last few months have made all the difference. I still don't like going, but it has not been as horrible as I had remembered. So last Thursday I went for another test, I was only nervous about it because I really didn't know what it was going to be like, but again the technician made all the difference,explaining everything to the details and once she pulled out the Geiger counter on me, after she administered the first set of radiation, I actually had to laugh. After inhaling some radioactive gas for about a minute she sent me back to the waiting room "to glow"with  the few other people that were already waiting in there. So I had the first CT scan done and then was injected with some radioactive dye and went for the second scan. Luckily I am not claustrophobic, but I can see how that can be a real issue for someone who is. After the test she told me that I gonna "glow" for another three day and she advise against any cross border travel, as I would definitely set of some scanners. Ha Ha! I should have called my boss and said..."sorry can't come to work for the next three days as I am dangerous to your health." Well I actually joking said that to my DSC boss and she said...that's a risk she is willing to take.
So now it's just waiting for the test results, which I am sure will be fine.

1 comment:

Trina said...

I am sure everything will be fine! I'm thinking good luck thoughts for you!

Hugs!