PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Update


"NO DONKEYS AT VAN HORN FRONTIER DAYS!!!
Great news. You did it! You got it cancelled.
I just off the phone with a petition supporter who has been at Frontier Days in Van Horn both days. SHE HAS CONFIRMED THAT THE DONKEY ROPING EVENT WAS CANCELLED. THERE WERE NO DONKEYS THERE. She also let me know that Jason seems like a nice young man who truly did not see anything wrong with this event. He bought the donkeys from a holding area at/near El Paso Tx. She feels he truly thought he was saving the donkeys from slaughter and at the same time, being an entrepreneur, adding something to their Frontier Days.
SHE BELIEVES THE BEST THING NOW IS TO HELP EDUCATE JASON, THE CITY OF VAN HORN AND IT'S CITIZENS ON WHY DONKEYS ARE NOT SUITED PHYSICALLY AND EMOTIONALLY FOR ROPING. AND MORE SPECIFICALLY ON WAYS TO PROMOTE POSITIVE EVENTS FOR THE DONKEYS FOR 2013 LIKE CARTING AMONG MANY OTHERS. TO EMPHASIZE THE LONG HISTORY OF 'LONGEARS' IN THE SETTLEMENT OF WEST TEXAS.
LET US ALL THANK JASON OWEN AND CITY FOR CANCELLING.
What needs to ultimately happen is for the law to change. I am hoping to start a new petition to put pressure on the law makers and law enforcers to see specific legislation banning donkey roping of any kind, public as in the rodeos or in private. I will email all of you with that information and I hope you will be as vigilant with your support on that as you have been with this petition. After all we wouldn't need to single out all the specific towns or events if there was law.
We need to let the City of Van Horn and Jason know that they did the right thing by cancelling. Jason is a symptom of the problem rather than the cause. Cruelty for entertainment is a worldwide cultural phenomenon.
I have asked the petition supporter who went to Van Horn to write up her experience so I can share it with all of you.
In response to the many of you who have contacted me about finding out how much money Jason wants for the donkeys so a donation drive can be started, this is what I have learned. NOT ONLY IS IT THE POLICY OF PVDR BUT EVERY RESCUE I CONTACTED THAT THEY DO NOT ACCEPT FOR SURRENDER DONKEYS OR HORSES ETC THAT HAVE BEEN PURCHASED. THIS RESCUES ARE IN AGREEMENT THAT THE PEOPLE DOING SO EXPLOIT THOSE OF US WILLING TO PAY FOR THEM. That is why we need to find positive events for these donkeys to take part in.
Thank you all for signatures and support. More later." Di

5 comments:

Tina said...

Congratulations to all of us!

Cathy said...

Good on you Tina and the rest of the team - it good to know you all had the power of persuasion
Take care
Cathy

Sandra said...

So so great to see that there are still people who care and people who are open to education. Abusing animals for fun and earnings is appauling and I am glad Jason was one of those people who can understand that.

Inger said...

Looks like one person got educated at least. I will look forward to the next step and will still post my donkey baby post on Sunday. Is the petition I have on my blog over with now, was it just for this event? Should I keep it up there? Please let me know. Thanks.

Tina said...

Hi Inger, I think she closed that petition as of right now, she will post another one soon, I will let you know as soon as I hear from Di. Thanks for all you do and have done for donkeys and all other animals.