PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Trying to be fair

Since I wrote about my boys in the A-Z Challenge I think it is only fair I write about my little princess in a separate entry. My little princess has grown from a shy, timid little girl into a very mature, outgoing, know what she wants kind of young woman. And I couldn't be more proud of her. I am proud for all the traits she has in her that make her a good person, someone with confidence and goals for her life. She was lucky enough to have had great mentors along her time growing up, from a big sister type school companion, to great teacher who recognized her potential and fostered it to the max. Who would have thought that my little shy girl would be this great speaker at her Grade eight graduation, telling the teachers what she needed to be heard and seen. That still makes me smile inside. It was a small gathering and originally they were just gonna let the speak behind the podium, but she said she needed a microphone so that everybody could hear her. lol. I guess she had something to say that day.
Her High School years passed with pretty much no big incidents, we had one minor glitch when she hung out with the wrong friends, but thanks to all the parents involved,  it was nipped in the butt right away and it was a one time thing and they all were back on the straight and narrow. She didn't really care too much about High School. During that time she worked in one of the local restaurants as a hostess and was loved by everybody. She didn't really like the job too much and she realized that she wanted to do something better with her life. Now she is back home after the first year away at College. She is taking a University of British Columbia course in Property Management, Assessment and Appraisal. It was offered here in Ontario at a college in Toronto. She loves living in the big city and can't wait to go back in September. But in the meantime the little Miss has landed the perfect summer job at the Municipal Assessment office, in exactly the field she is studying in. So she is really excited about that. I guess in the interview the employer asked her why they should be hiring her and she said, that this is exactly what she is training for and that she is fluent on the system they are using, so she would be a great asset and wouldn't need too much training. Talk about confident lol. I just hope she likes it as much as she is expecting herself to like it. She starts Monday. Yesterday she went shopping for business attire lol. My little girl is definitely growing up.

4 comments:

Joan said...

Good for her! I did notice that you forgot to mention yourself in the list of important influences in her life. :)

Tina said...

Lol thanks Joan.

Inger said...

Yes, I agree with the above, I know how important it is to have a great mom.

Retired Knitter said...

Sounds like this young lady has her head screwed on straight and knows what she wants. She is ready for the world.

Good Job, Mom!!