PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Thursday, May 03, 2012

A new batch

Well the first new batch of volunteers has arrived and has been trained in the fine art of donkey grooming and poop picking over the last two weekends. What a great bunch of people! It's a good mixture of young and middle age to older age, from students and teachers to lawyer and retired people. I have hit if off right away with, of all people, the lawyer lol. She is one awesome lady and in the short time she has been here we have had  a few chances to hang out and work together already and that was great, there will be more chances for me to get to know her and one of the teachers  over the summer as they have agreed to be Open Day Volunteers, which makes me even happier, as we had trouble in the past finding dedicated people to mingle with visitors and educate people about the necessity of the Sanctuary and our work. First Open Day will be this Sunday and I am ready for it, it finally gives me a chance to be out there more on a regular basis again as it was tough to commit to a certain day over the  last little while due to my full work schedule.
Being out there for the training sessions has given me a chance too to finally hang out with the rest of the Donkey Divas and we had a nice afternoon session with lunch and coffee. The only one that was missing was Cate, but I had a long 6 hour lunch with her the other day. It was so nice to see her and talk and hang out, I hadn't seen her since New Year's Eve, as I couldn't make it two the last two birthday dinners that happened in between. We met for lunch at Mango Chutney, our favourite Indian restaurant and thank God we are friends with the owner, so he didn't kick us out as we sat there for that long to catch up with each other. I really miss hanging out with these amazing women on a regular basis as we used to do, and hopefully we can get back into the swing of things with weekly Kaffeeklatsch.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Oh, I'd love to come groom the donkeys!

twinpeakprimitives said...

Hello, just became your follower.
I'd like to thank you for taking care of especially donkeys.

Always fell pity for donkeys's living conditions all over the world.Despite all these, as brave and gentile animals they are still working faithfully for humans years and years.

All the best,