PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Yoga for beginners!

My aunt, who is in her mid seventies, has done Yoga for as long as I have known her, and she swears by it and does it faithfully every day. So since I am on this journey of getting body and mind and everything else aligned I have taken an interest in Yoga, having friends who push you to try new things does help too, but I have yet to attend a Yoga class, I did however have done a few Yoga DVDs and well it's not as easy as it looks. Getting your breathing in order is a big issue for me, balance is another one, however the flexibility and strength it can give your body is just amazing, and sometimes I surprise myself, that I can actually do these poses. Practicing Yoga with Jack around however gives you a extra challenges, of course like with anything Jack is right there checking it out. He thinks it's playtime, or something, being in Downward Facing Dog position he weaves in and out through my arms and legs for the whole time I am holding that position, Corpse positions seem to be this favourite though, because he can lay himself flat on me and get comfortable. Now I know why they always suggest a place with no external distractions, but of course with Jack in the house a place like that is hard to find. Here is Jack showing me how it is really done..... 

2 comments:

Joan said...

Thanks for the laugh... he does the pose very well!... must have practiced quite a lot.. lol

Yoga is great. I use to do it on my own... would be good to get back to, thanks for the thought.

Sharon said...

I needed a good laugh! Can you just imagine me getting down on the floor with Jack and Jill around? They know it's play time when we get on the floor!

I haven't done any yoga - yet....