PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spend all your time waiting!

I have been waiting for this since Christmas and last night was the night to take a trip down the mountain to attend a live concert with Sarah McLachlan and Friends. We received the tickets as a Christmas present from Pierce's girlfriend.  One of my favourite things to do is to attend concerts of people I absolutely adore, well Sarah wasn't really on that list at that point, but she sure is now. I only really knew a few songs of her, like her hits "Sweet Surrender", "I love you", "In the arms of an angel", "Ice cream" and maybe two or three more. They are absolutely amazing songs so I knew it would be good, and live is always so much different than hearing it on the radio or CD. And I must say, I very much enjoyed my evening at one of my favourite venues, Hamilton Place. The house was packed and it was a great show from the very first moment on til the last minute. Instead of an opening act she included two of her musicians as part of her show, therefore the "and friends", two young, very talented  woman musicians with record deal of their own. The concert started at 7:30 pm and it was 10:30 pm when we lifted our butts out of the seat, there was maybe a 15 minutes intermission, the rest of the evening was filled with beautiful songs. I absolutely loved it. Thanks Ash for a great present!

3 comments:

Tracey said...

That's so great...sounds like you had a wonderful time! :^)

Sharon said...

Sounds good! That was a long wait for a Christmas present, LOL! Glad you had such a good time!

Anonymous said...

I love Sarah and this is one of my favourite songs. Wish she would play up this way.