PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Staying in the now!

From the time I was a little girl I always have loved animals, pretty much everything but bugs....maybe I am talking cuddly animals, furry and feathered animals, because I am also not very fond of reptiles or fish. It's not that I don't like them, I find them very fascinating, but it's not something that is cute or adorable, if you know what I mean. As I got older I always wanted to work with animals, wanted to become a vet or a zookeeper, but somehow that was just not in the cards. Living in the small town in the country, I had lots of friends whose grandparents had farms and fields, and therefore horses,sheeps, goats, pigs etc, so I was always around those kind of animals too, and I just loved it. I always remember riding my bike to a friends grandparents horse farm and letting the horses out and just watching them and be around them, even though I am really terrified of horses, not the little ponies, but the big majestic powerful looking horses, but still I totally love them and would love to get over that fear, and I am slowly working on it. So being involved with the DSC is like a dream come true, I am working with animals, it's on a volunteer basis, but that is good enough for me. If I could I would be there every single day, and I have actually checked out possibilities to be more involved and learn so much more about the equine world. Just those thoughts floating in my head, and the fact that I am at the DSC makes me happy and content, yet at the same time it is with so intertwined with so many other emotions and thoughts, that I really have to try hard to stay in the now and enjoy the ride. And yet I can't stop wondering what could have been and would have been. But the moment is now! Now is where all my power is and now is reality. The past is over and the future will always take care of itself, as it turns into now moments when I get there. So right now, this very moment I have to get my FA to work and focus on nothing but work, thank god some moments pass faster than others lol....Have a great day.

4 comments:

Louise said...

Live in the now, and look to the future. I think that's the best way to live. I hope that the opportunity to become more involved comes to you, ME. If you talk to the folks there, who know what may become possible.

AJ-OAKS said...

There is a saying I live by.
" Don't be 85 years old and look back at your life and say could've, would've, should've. Life is way too short. Look back on life and say I tried."
Believe me, I have tried all kinds of new things. And some I was horrible at, but I tried!
"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" John Wayne

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

Sounds like you are in a great place physically and emotionally. Like you, I must have animals in my life, they're my soul.

Tina said...

Well I am hopefully on the way to a great place inside of me, it's been a long time coming, physically I had to chuckle, because well it will still be a long way to be where I want to be, but right now I am ok,like my daughter always says...I am ok for me, and that is good enough.
Animals, I couldn't imagine life without them.