PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Thank you for the music


Music has always been a part of my life, and I really don't know what I would do if my world was still with not a beat or rhythm in it. I can't imagine it. Music has helped me in all imaginable ways in good and bad times.
I must say I can't carry a tune if my life depended on it or the saying "white men can't dance", well it goes for this white woman too. I love to sing, but I usually keep that for when i am alone in the car and I have come across a few smiling face, who noticed me singing my heart out and moving my upper body to the rhythm. But that is about as far as my musical talents go. The first thing in the morning is usually turn on some kind of music, the more rhythmic the better just to get going. I love pretty much all kind of music from Modern Country to Classical to Hip Hop to Reggae and even some Hard Rock. Growing up multi cultural I have always been also a fan of ethnic music, from Italian to Greek to middle eastern tunes to Latin American music.
Nothing more body moving like good Latin music. A few years ago I came across a young artist who combined two of my favourite music styles....Reggae and Latin and I was hook and started listen to what is called Reggaeton, which is a form of urban music that became popular with Latin American youth during the early 1990s and spread over the course of 10 years to North American, European and Asian audiences. Originating in Panama, reggaeton blends Jamaican music influences of reggae and dancehall with those of Latin America, such as bomba, plena, salsa, merengue, latin pop and bachata as well as that of hip hop, contemporary R&B, and electronica. Reggaeton is also combined with rapping or singing in Spanish. Now my repertoire of favourite Reggaeton artists has spread from Sean Paul to Wisin Y Yandel, El SImbolo and Calle 13. Right now that's pretty all I live with...and DURAN DURAN, but that is a whole different thing it is dating me big time lol....Wish though I could go to their Concert in Toronto on Tuesday.:)

No comments: