PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Monday, March 10, 2008

Meet "Flocke"

This is why it always was my dream to become a Zookeeper...this would make your job just the best....On December 11th, 2007 a baby polar bear is born in the Nuremberg Zoo. Like all young polar bears it is still blind. For around four weeks the young one stays in the cave with its mother and is fed by her. Due to the lack of maternal instinct and care, the Zoo decided it is in the best interest to raise the cub by hand, since two other previously born cubs have been eaten by their mother, and so the story of Flocke begins. She turned into this little celebrity just like Knut, who was born at the Zoo in Berlin the year prior. I can not believe there is anybody who wouldn't fall in love with this cute little polar bear. She is so adorable.
I used to visit the Nuremberg Zoo regularly. Usually I would spend a week with my paternal grandparents, who lived in Nuremberg during my summer vacations and no matter who old I got, it was a welcomed yearly tradition to spend a day with my Omi there at the Zoo.



No comments: