PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Monday, October 01, 2007

2007 Dedication Service


" Who plants a tree....
The one who plants a tree
looks at the world through eyes which see tomorrow, not today.
Who looks at things to come , not what has been.
Who sees the dream God dreamed when He made the Tree of Life, to give us light and shade."
Karen Rene





Yesterday I attended the annual Memorial Forest Dedication held by the Beckett& Glaves Funeral Home in rememberance of all that have passed away within the last year and got a tree dedicated in their name. Thanks to my great coworkers there was a tree planted in my dad's name. A lot of people attended and the setting for the Memorial Forest is really amazing, especially at this time of the year. The musical interludes were amazing, they had a spectacular soloist sing two beautiful songs, the service was nice and comforting. One tree was symbolicly planted for all the ones that already have been planted and/or will be planted.
Afterwards there was a reception in the Grand Pavilion, which I choose not to attend, for various reasons.

It's been a long time since I have been to Brant Park, I forgot how pretty and huge it actually is. Well I hope I will make the time to stroll amongst the Memorial trees ever so often.... maybe I should get a dog to have some form of company with me, but then...."you'll never walk alone"

"When you walk through a storm
Keep your chin up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At he end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark.

Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never walk alone."

No comments: