PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Friday, August 24, 2007

Something new


Well one of the things I have really tried to change about me is to try and deal with new things, things that usually scare the crap out of me. But I think I am pretty open minded and very willing to learn new things. And most things one is only scared off because of one's own ignorance and lack of experience new things, well this was definitly going to be a lot out of my comfort zone, but really it couldn't be that bad, since everything is in terrariums and cages, so no big deal really. I just don't like those kind of animals, I can appreciate their beauty and uniqueness, but it's not was I would classify as a pet to have... but oh well to each it's own, and if that's what you are into, who am I go judge because of that. But I made my dislike for them known, but like I said, I am willing to learn new things. So we took a drive up to Kitchener, first of all I have no clue where I am going up there, but on the way we passed thru a little town named after the same town my dad was born in, in then Germany, now Poland, second I am still leary to going there not knowing what to expect. So we drive up there, and I get directions on where to go and I follow them anxiously, we finally arrive at this little strip mall, it had a body shop and some other stores, including an exotic pet shop, which was our destination, exotic and only of the reptile kinds, still not really my kind of fun. We walk in, I stay to the wall, far away from the terrariums and walk around. Wow, snakes, lizards, geckos, tree frogs and all kinds of other lizard like creatures. I definately loved the geckos, reminded me of the Telus commercials and the tree frogs were very pretty and interesting, now the snakes were a different story, they were beautiful in colour and watching them slither across the treebranches was cool, but it will take a lot of convincing me to see those creatures as pets. I like the furry cuddly kinds, but I guess they are just snack food in here. lol... But all in all, it was not as bad as I imagined it and it was kind of fun.

No comments: