PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Sunday, December 10, 2006

A German Christmas Party


This afternoon my daughter and I went to the Sonnenhof to be participants and guests at the German Club Children's Christmas Party. I was quite impressed by the "program" of the party.
My daughter has been visiting the German language school since the beginning of the school year, the children of the school were part of the Christmas party. They had studied some German Christmas songs over the last few weeks and were performing "O Tannenbaum", " Stille Nacht, heilige Nacht", "Rudolf das kleine Renntier" and "Oh du Froehliche". Some of the kids played instrument solos, but all of them were part of the choir and of a little Christmas play. It was amazing to me to see how much they had learned in the last few months.
There was carol singing, a magician, a Christmas story and of course a visit from Santa. Every child in attendance got a very nice present, I was just amazed, I have never been to a children's party where the presents were that elaborate and huge. After the visit of Santa it was time for tea, coffee and some German Christmas cookies. I met a few of the other parents and had a nice chat with one of the helpers out of the classroom. We had a great time and enjoyed every minute of the 2 1/2 hours of party.

No comments: