PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Friday, July 21, 2006

On the way to see some relatives


Still feeling somewhat ok, so we decided to drive to Bamberg, what we would have visited after our stay in Nuremberg, to visit my Aunt and Uncle. We arrived there early afternoon, it's been about 20 years since I have been at their house. When I was a kid, this was my favourite house to visit, don't know why, it's just a simple bungalow, but somehow it always fascinated me, maybe because my uncle is a little extravagant and always had something up the sleeve. So I remember when I was a kid he painted their huge Chimney bright orange so when you came over the hill to drive down the road to their little town, you could spot his house right away, unfortunately nowadays it is so build up with new houses that you don't see his house at all. And I remember they had the most unusual fence, which we always climbed, around their property, now it's all closed up with hedges so you don't even see the fence anymore. Funny the stupid things you remember from your childhood.
We spent most of the afternoon there, and drove later in our hotel in the next village,where we met up again with them later for dinner at a Keller, their version of a Biergarten. Since my uncle is an avid bicycle rider they caught up with us by bike.
I am still feeling fine, had an excellent dinner, only my 2. real meal since I arrived, and I have had all these wishes of meal I wanted my mom to cook, because it just tastes good at home. Had a good night sleep and were ready to go for the next day.

No comments: