PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Friday, October 21, 2005

RX: Perscriptions for Change and Cognitive Shifts

" You, too, withhold the very things you complain are missing from the world" (Search for self)
* I can enjoy being like others rather than always be better.
* Feelings can be strengths rather than weakness
* Everything that's missing is inside of me.

" When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece" (Search for purpose)
* I can go for longterm respect for myself, instead of shortterm admiration from others.
* I have a right to define and develop my unique path in life
* I can be appreciated for being myself
* Ever time I avoid something I strengthen my bad habits, and every time I follow through with my plans, I strengthen my new healthier habits.


" Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional" (Search for validation)
* If I relish my success and enjoy it, I'll have the energy to create more of it
* My current unhappiness doesn't pay other people back for the past
* Misery is not a lucky charm that protects me from bad luck
* I deserve to be happy

" The art of being wise, is the art of knowing what to overlook" (Search for trust)
* I can choose to be a member of a group, not always the exception.
* There can be rewards in being a team player

" Responsibly means not blaming anyone or anything for your lifesituation, including yourself. It is the ability to have a creative response to the situation as it is now" ( Search for competence)
* I can accept that no one owes me anything in life
* Other people's needs and opinions needn't be an imposition
* I can tolerate unpleasant feelings
* my life is my own making, I can provide for myself

"You can only see others as clear as you see yourself" (Search for a mirror)
* my relationships mirror my own selfesteem

" I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" (Search for control)
* I have to ask for what I want, no one is going to read my mind
* Having needs doesn't make me needy
* People don't automatically get what they deserve
* I am not a victim, I can choose to say yes or no

"Sometimes I wish I could be someone else. Then I realize the only thing I haven't tried is being myself" (Search for identity)
* We are all special and unique, therefore, none of us is special and unique


"A little of something is better than a lot of nothing" (Search for Safety)
* Thinking about real situations can be more fulfilling than being preoccupied with exaggerated dreams
* I can feel afraid and take action anyway

No comments: