PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Day 22:The Gift of Rejection

Rejection is unavoidable. I must be willing to be rejected if I am going to be an individual with my own thoughts, taking actions on my personal commitments and living my life.
A lot of times I reject myself because my ideas may make someone uncomfortable, upset or disappointed.
The fear of rejection keeps me frozen and inactive, when speaking up and asking for help would be the fearless steps to take.
I feel mostly rejected at home with spouse and kids, by some friends and myself.
When I feel rejected I isolate myself and shut down. Why should I want to be around if they don't really want me around. It happens mostly when I am trying to get one of my needs met.
What other ways could I deal with rejection:
* not taking it personally
* giving myself what I got rejected for by others
* be understanding of others and myself.

No comments: