PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The jackasses in my life...


A very nice person in my life told me about this place near Guelph a long time go, because she knew how much I loved animals and thought it might be a place I want to visit. And she was right, the first time I went there I went alone, I have had a really hard few days and I just needed to get out and away from everybody and everything, so I decided to venture out to that place. Like always anything new caused a lot of anxiety, but I decided to go anyway. The entrance is a big gate you have to open and close again after you get in. You drive down this long gravel driveway, on each sides are forests and meadows after meadows. At the end of the driveway is a parking lot and a little gate that lets you into the grounds/barnyard. If you are lucky enough you get the best greeter on the premisses, an adorable, very curious and mischievious donkey named Hershey.He greets you with a big smile or he sticks out his tongue at you, I guess depending on his mood.
The Donkey Sanctuary of Canada is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to, some donkeys spend their time in the meadow, some are close by the barn and then other ones are allowed to roam freely in the barn and barnyard. And what a loving and gentle bunch of jackasses they are. I think the name Jackass, doesn't do them justice, they are absolutely adorable and cute and funny and cuddly and I could just spend hours there watching them, petting them, talking to them, and just keeping them company. I fell in love with a donkey named Danny. Danny is 21 years old and an absolute sweetie, that loves to cuddle and follows you around. He is most gentle and so loveable.
By now I have been out to this place about 4 times and I am looking forward to my next outting there, it's like a little peace of heaven on earth with a whole bunch of Jackasses. What a concept!

No comments: