PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

This and that on a Tuesday

* Being a construction site is a thing of the past. The construction went better than expected and after an eight hour work day the crew was finished and we had a brand new water line from the street to the other side of the basement. The big hole in the drive way has been filled again and even the dug up basement is cemented and almost as good as new. Yippie! The leak was of course smack middle between street water access and the middle of the house...thank God it was a slow leak and not a gushing mess, but once the city was informed they had no choice but to turn our water off as to not be liable in the case of a total water pipe break. Therefore leaving us no choice but to fix it immediately. A hefty sum later we are good to go and even have fantastic water pressure.
* Saturday was on the job training for a new game that will be implemented in our facilities. Pickleball! Pickleball is a mix between Badminton, Tennis and Table tennis, played on a Badminton court with a tennis net and wooden paddles and a waffle ball. It's a fun game and for all ages and activity levels. I was in the beginning a little weary, as it would be the first time I have really exercised since being sick in October, and experiencing my physical limitations daily was kind of putting a damper on my excitement of participating in the venture. After all was said and done I had a great time and was mighty proud I finished two full games...but paid the prize later on that afternoon as the damage my lungs had suffered became quite evident as it pretty much put me out of commission for the rest of the day, and after a three hour nap I was somewhat recuperated. How sad is that! And it really sucks. I hate feeling like that and feeling like I just ran a marathon even though I just walked a few meters.That is really depressing, but well that's just how it is, for now at least.
* Monday, my day was made by a young man who has been really sick for the last year, with a simple disease that had devastating side effects for him and left him paralyzed and tied to the bed for months. So it was a happy feeling to see him out with his hockey buddies playing the game. Nice to be young and bounce back like that. I am so glad he is better and almost 100% his old self.
*Love is.......when your boss's first deed of the day is to get your computer fixed so you can move back into her office, just because she won't have it any other way.
* Today was also my first day of training on a new endeavour in the DSC office. I'm sure I will pick up on it sooner or later, ha ha everybody thinks I am a fast learner, that might be, but I forget things really fast as well. So we will see how it goes, it definitely puts me in a whole new category. lol.

1 comment:

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Your last couple of lines really cracked me up. I'm a fast learner, too. It's that darned retention that sometimes trips me up.