PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Oh look at this....

.. I have actually an afternoon off! Yippie!
I am working on day 15 out of 26 days straight working without a day off, needless to say I am a little overwhelmed and close to tears when things don't go as smooth as I want them to go, but then I have great bosses in both places and their support and their management is amazing and it makes the whole thing so much easier and I want to do better and want to do more. So I am not really complaining I am just tired, because there is so much to do.
Despite missing my all time favourite day of the year this past Saturday, I had a great yet busy weekend, and by the time I got home from work Saturday early evening I just didn't have it in me anymore to move nor to socialize. Saturday morning I had the first the two day Orientation Session for the new volunteers, after that we had an amazing workshop on Laminitis and Founder. It was a great presentation and even though it was sad and heart breaking at times, it taught us all so very much and everybody was glad they attended. To have a little bit of fun that day too I had organized a Volunteer Potluck by  the pond and it was a lot of fun, and we had some great conversations. I love catching up with people I don't see that often, they sure are a great group of people. It's funny how smooth everything in a group can go when we are all on the same page and there for the same reasons. You find out who your hardcore people are and you build on their strength and dedication.
Sunday I spent working in the boutique as my foot and knee are still killing me, so at least I was somewhat of my feet, but not enough to make a real difference in how they feel. I guess I still have to wait a little bit for that.....I just need a day or two to keep them up and not hobble around on them and it will be all good. I hope. :)

No comments: