PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"D"


is
 for 
Drums Alive.


A few weeks ago I attended together with some friends a free promotional class of Drums Alive. I had seen it about a year ago on an internet video and it sure looked like fun. So when I saw it offered here in town, there was no thinking about it, I wanted to try it. And yes it was definitely fun.
The vision of Drums Alive is to improve lives physically and psychologically through a unique sensory- motor drumming programm involving   drum sticks, and exercise ball and music.The primary goal of the Drums Alive program is creating a whole mind, whole body experience for a diverse group of participants.
The processes include:
1. Movement, music, and sound therapy; in physical education and fitness; and rhythmic education;
2. Focused classes tailored toward individual needs;
3. Socialization opportunities and to create a sense of belonging in a group, which has shown to improve motivation and fitness adherence;
4. Individual and creative expression through both verbal and non-verbal communication;
5. Provide a healthy way to release aggression and decrease stress; ( my personal favourite)
6. Focused work on neurological and cognitive applications;
7. Acceptance, respect and understanding of different cultural movements, rhythms and music.


10 comments:

Melodie said...

That looks fun!

Inger said...

I thought it was going to be donkeys! But drums are great and I'm glad you had a good experience. You may want to check out Lori Skoog's blog. She drums too and blogs about it. Her blog is great: skoogfarm.blogspot.com

Tina said...

Melodie: It sure was fun, good way to beat out some frustration.
Inger: That would have been to obvious lol...trust me there will be some donkey entries along the way....

BlueShell said...

well done: frustration...go away!!!

DebH said...

that does look like a good way to rid frustration! Fun too!

Tonja said...

I'm hypersensitive to noises - so I don't think that would be good for me.

Pa Ul said...

Wow what a great idea for D exercise.
Hmmm I might try doing this too.
Do check out my D at GAC a-z.

danneromero said...

hey, that sounds like fun. nice post. thanks for the info.

Krystal Maestas said...

I've never head of this before! Definitely looks cool and I want to try it!

Bethe77 said...

I think I should try this form of exercise and take out some aggression myself.
I would have never thought of using the exercise ball that way. Wonderful!
Blessings