PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Monday, June 27, 2011

A Zumba Weekend!


Saturday was spent with some awesome ZUMBA friends, and new Zumba friends were made. First we zumba-ed on Main street in Paris at their annual Street Summer Fest, and with over 300 Zumba fans filling the street the party was happening, whether Paris was ready or not. It was so much fun.....

Getting ready to Zumba

Hot and Sweaty!

After the Zumba session in Paris I went home, took a quick shower and got last minute things ready for the Zumbathon for Donkeys. 
I was excited yet nervous about it, but everything went great, I was so happy to see so many of my dear Zumba friends attend, there were some new people and to top it all off some of my Sanctuary Friends came, who had never done Zumba before, so I was really happy about that and it meant a lot to me for them to show up. Jill and Gerri were like always the best and I could have not pulled that one of without their talent and generosity to donate their time and energy to it. I am so grateful to have such great supportive friends( I have to make special mention here of my long time buddy Keith, who has been supportive and encouraging since the first time I met him, and who is brave enough to be always the only guy in our Zumba adventures...way to go Keith) and I love them all dearly.  Seems like everybody had a great time, some things were learnt about donkeys and some great prizes were given out, donated by some Zumba friends. So all in all it went well and I would call it a success as we raised $300 dollars for the DSC. Thanks girls for dancing your asses off. 


2 comments:

Sharon said...

Goodness, that really was a Zumbathon! I really wish my heart and lungs would let me do that!

Deirdra A. Eden said...

Looks fun!!!


You have a fabulous blog! I want to award you with one of my homemade awards: Powerful Woman Writer Award for all the hard work you do!

I invite you to follow me, if you haven’t already done so, since we have a lot in common, but no pressure. I’m not giving you the award just so you will follow me. You really do deserve it!
Take care:-)

Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
~Deirdra