PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Monday, April 19, 2010

A Quiet Weekend!

Well weather wise the weekend wasn't quite as bad as they had predicted, even though Saturday was typical April weather....sun...rain...snow...hail. Since it was my Saturday off I spent the morning with a friend at my favourite coffee shop and we sat there for hours just catching up with our life events. I had a few new things to share with her and that made for some good conversation as did her proud bragging rights about her children's successes. Talk about being a proud mom and having a lot to be proud of too. So that is always nice to listen too, since her kids are very dear to me too, especially the little one lol who turned 19 at the beginning of the year. After that I took a quick trip to the grocery store to get the few things I needed. The afternoon was spent with cooking and cleaning, and catching up on laundry and ironing. In the evening we went out to Dinner to Swiss Chalet. I was really not in the mood for going for dinner especially as I had to listen to some bs form the AH as soon as we got there and all I wanted to do was just walk back home, and if it wouldn't have been so friggin cold I probably would have. As always we asked to be seated in the section one of the boy's girlfriends has for waitressing, I know in the beginning she was so nervous, but now she just loves it and is so at ease, she looked pretty stressed out last night though as it was busy. We didn't see our Pookie until we were halfway thru our meal,and she was close to being finished with her shift.
Sunday morning(6 am) I was woken up by two 21 year old boys fighting like cats and dogs about who is going to the bathroom first, omg I could have just strangled them, and all I could think was when will those two ever grow up and cooperate with each other, it is really starting to get to me. When they are together they are like oil and water and I can't stand it, and when they are separated its' oh when is my dear brother coming back? Give me a break.
So after being wide awake at that time, I decided there was no point to staying in bed, got up, did some laundry, worked out, got showered, made coffee and had breakfast and decided I will spend the day with some stitching and that's exactly what I did, the donkey # 5 is finished and I have done 3 sunflowers around it. I also washed all the other donkeys, so I can take them finally over to Jane's to let her do her thing. :) Once they are all finished I will post a picture of the finished products. Woo hoo....can't wait to look at them...and I already know I want one for me too. And I thought about making one for one special donkey friend, but as right now I am getting a little bit bored with stitching the same picture over and over again and I would really like to start something new, but should really start working on my Hershey again and on the moose...well we will see.

4 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

How do you have quiet with two 21 year old JA's?not to mention the head JA. How does that work? There are 20 year old puddles of oil and water here and the two SELDOM meet. Probably a damn good reason or two there...
It is always nice to catch up with those we call friends. Glad you had a great time.

Tina said...

Well they were both working so that works for me lol..

Louise said...

Two 21 year olds? Oy! So says the childless one.

Tina said...

Yeah two 21 year olds and a sixteen year old....can you see my grey hair sprouting?