PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Facebook!

Facebook can be a great place to stay in touch with people you care about, a place where you can meet new people, a place you catch up with long lost friends, but I also know that some use it to stir up trouble by posting stupid personal stuff. If I don't want anybody to know it then I won't post it, and neither should you then.Or by just going thru people's things to find out stuff that they then can use again them or for their own agenda.But this entry is about all the "good" people on Facebook, people I call my friends and yes of course my family. I can delete people I no longer choose to be "friends" with and that works for me and trust me a few got the boot just because of their way of communicating in a public forum like Facebook. I belong to a few groups on Facebook, like Zumba Brantford with Gerri and of course the DSC. In that group I met a lady that posted a question on the wall, and since I could answer it, I did, as our conversations continued I finally clued in who she might be as she said she was from North Carolina and actually I have known her before meeting her on Facebook, not really known her, but known of her and we had some great conversations ever since, of course about donkeys and the Sanctuary. How did I know of her? Well there is a donkey named Cocoa on the farm, a great big guy, very pushy, lively and nosy, one of the big guys that scare the heck out of me still, and when I actually see him coming you can see me running. I am trying to get over my fear of the big guys, and having the Mammoth donkey Panne on the special needs side right now has helped a lot. Cocoa is a beautiful dark brown Standard donkey, about 14 years old and was raised in North Carolina. Family circumstances changed and Cocoa had to be placed somewhere else.The woman who raised Cocoa came to visit him often and she wasn't very happy with the standard of care there. Because he was among horses he was left alone a lot, she moved him to another stable just to find the standards there not much better.  Cocoa stayed in these stables for some time and the woman visited her donkey friend at least once a week. Eventually she found a stable satisfactory to what she wanted in the care of Cocoa, unfortunately it was a fair distance for her to drive to visit him and she was seeking a better solution of him and her. On one of her searches she discovered the DSC and contacted them, she made the trip up to the Farm in June of 2007 and according our conversations fell in love with the place, the animals, the staff and the volunteers and came a few month later back with Cocoa. To this date she still comes and spends time with Cocoa every year.  She is that woman, so that's how I heard about her before I met her on Facebook. She is looking forward to her visit this year and a meeting at the DSC, and so am I. In our conversations her love for Cocoa is quite apparent and how much she misses him. I can only imagine how hard it must be for her to be separated from him and to make such an unselfish decision for the good of the donkey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy facebook because of the connections to people too. Since moving away from my hometown, it is a great way for me to keep in touch on an everyday basis. I do agree with you on the personal stuff posted. Some get carried away and write an entire story on their status. However, just like blogs....we can either choose to read it, or not. And not take it personally.

Love reading your blog...

Mina ♥

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

"some" tend to twist what they see regardless of content! Bordem will do that, however, finding and communicating with people is a wonderful process and it opens the eyes to how small this world really is. You just never know who knows who and what they will tell you.

AJ-OAKS said...

Facebook is great! Hmmm, I do believe I am headed over there in a few and look you up! Once I find you I'll send a friend request! :)