PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Friday, April 04, 2008

Pay it forward

Funny thing that I felt like talking about Paying it forward right now and random acts of kindness,as my day was filled with them, and to just finding out that today is actually "Pay It Forward" Day.
Pay it forward challenges you to do one to three good deeds for others without asking for anything in return.Instead the recipient should be instructed to pay it forward to someone else in need. So I did my share of random acts today without even a thought, just a coincidence. I started my day off by bringing in coffee to work, just because I felt like it and I had some time to kill before work. After work, I went downtown to pay for some items we had the winning bid on at an auction, I paid for parking and when I came back to the car, there were still about 45 minutes left on my parking ticket, I noticed a lady just trying to park her car, I went over to her car and gave her my parking ticket to use up for the rest of the time. I don't think she knew what hit her, after that I treated a friend to a lovely lunch in St. George. We then had a nice walk along the river in Paris and we were amazed by the high water levels and the current of the water. After that I got treated to a coffee at Tim Horton's on 24 and then had to rush back to work. Work was very quiet, since neither of my two teams had enough guys to stay and play, but I had to be there anyway because of a meeting taking place upstairs. I got a coffee and a snackpack of Timbits from two guys, who come from Cambridge and who alway play with the later group, that was really a nice surprise.
I had a good conversation with one of the members of the IOF about his wife, who is very ill, it was hard for him to talk about it, but he seemed at peace with the fact that they had a wonderful, long life together and that they are living just one day at a time and making the most of their time left together.
So all in all I had a very good day, one that left me feeling great and smiling.

No comments: