PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A New Earth

Well like many others I was intrigued by the hype about Eckhart Tolle's new book "A NEW EARTH", and I finally was ready to purchase it. I think it is a book every person should read, and maybe if everybody would get enlightened just a little bit, the world would be a much better place. It is not an easy read, I had to read some paragraphs a couple of times to understand what I was reading. It's a book too, to which one has to be openminded and read it with an open heart and maybe be already a little bit closer to the edge of enlightment. I absolutely love reading it and it's been only a week since I started. It explains things so easily and they make sense, if you are in that mindframe. Basicly it is about people and their ego, which is the base for all their actions and doings, and nobody really is authentic to who they really are, we are all just a fiction of our imagination, labels that we put on us or others have, roles we play in daily life, expectations we have of us and others and how we feed each others egos in daily life. We are living on "ego" surrounded by stuff and are totally unconnected and unconsious of who we are inside. When it is just as simple as being, not who I am, but simply I am. It is a great book for anyone who is looking for some illumination on life.
I find it to be a philosophical study of how to 'let go' of old ways of thinking. It is about making every minute of your life count for something and being true to one's authentic self, one concept that is very hard to grasp for some.
I know this will be one of the items on my pay it forward list to give to people.

No comments: