PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Monday, November 14, 2005

Random acts of kindness

"To give without any reward, or any notice, has a special quality of its own."
Author:Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Reaching out nurtures my self worth. Helping others makes me feel good. Nurturing others teaches me humility and gratitude. Through caring for friends or strangers I can touch the ultimate goodness of the world by touching the goodness in myself.
I just have to remember that this is not for me to burn myself out, or put everybody's needs before mine, or to get sucked into other's problems. I have to take care of myself first even in the act of caring for others.
All I need is time, energy and love. Mostly I choose to do this when I need a break from my own problems, when I feel the need to be needed and be part of the larger picture in life.

* pay for the coffee for the car behind you in the drive through
* pay a complete stranger a compliment
* donate to a charity you normally wouldn't give to
* donate some of your clothes to a person in need
* donate toys to a family in need
* write a friend a letter of appreciation
* tug a note into your kids lunchbox
* suprise a friend with a day out if they had a rough time
* do a chore for your spouse that you normally wouldn't do
* bring coffee for the girls at work

KINDNESS - PASS IT ON

No comments: