PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Friday, November 18, 2005

Letting go...

The last few months were a time to let go of many different things and beliefs. Some were easy to let go, others broke my heart to know I had to let go and others were hard to let go but I understood it was in my best interest. Letting go is one of the most challenging opportunities for growth any of us will face. Sometimes we have to remove things to gain happiness and emotional health. It took me a long time to really understand the purpose of letting things go, but by letting go of the uncontrollables and unchangeables in my life I have allowed these people, places, and things to be responsible for themselves which takes a tremendous burden off me. By freeing myself of this huge burden, I will appreciate life more for what it is. I will have the energy and strength to pursue my own interests. I will be able to relax and have fun. It is still hard to really let go of certain things, but I am learning and mostly I am willing to do it, if it's best for me.And that is a big step for me.

To let go does not mean to stop caring,
it means I can't do it for someone else

to let go is not to cut myself off,
it's the realization I can't control another

to let go is not to enable,
but to allow learning from natural consequences

to let go is to admit powerlessness,
which means the outcome is not in my hands

to let go is not to try to change or blame another,
it's to make the most of myself

to let go is not to care for,
but to care about

to let go is not to judge,
but to allow another to be a human being

to let go is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes,
but to allow others to effect their destinies

to let go is not to be protective,
it's to permit others to face reality

to let go is not to deny,
but to accept

to let go is not to nag, scold, or argue,
but instead to search out own shortcomings and correct them

to let go is not to adjust everything to my desires,
but to take each day as it comes, and cherish myself in it

to let go is not to criticize and regulate anybody,
but to try to become what I dream I can be

to let go is not to regret the past,
but to grow and live for the future

to let go is to fear less and love more.
~ Author Unknown~

No comments: