PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Welcome 2013!


Well I hope everybody had a good start to 2013.

I spent the last day of 2012 mainly in good company and with great food. I had lunch with my former boss at one of the local Chinese restaurants. It was great to spend some time with her, she has been a constant supporter from the day she hired me in 2000 and since her retirement almost two years ago we have kept in touch frequently and it is always nice to get together and chit chat.
Later that afternoon I met with friends and the five of us went out to dinner in their town. What a nice evening, and funny we don't have to just talk donkey when we get together. It felt great to be sent into 2013 with hugs and love by people I hold so dear to my heart.
When I got home I spent some time on the PC to catch up on  reading some blogs, amongst them one of a dear friend/ confidant. We have been through a lot together the last couple of  weeks, and things just went from there. I felt honoured to have been a shoulder to cry on and the go to person while going through a personal loss and I think it has made our bond just stronger and I am really looking forward to spending more time together, it definitely will be good for either of us. :).
Well in that blog there was the search for one word that would sum it all up for what is hoped for in 2013 and what they will work on obtaining. That got me thinking about one word for my 2013 and really I didn't have to think long or hard it came right to me..... PEACE! Oddly enough the day before I was looking through all my cross stitch patterns to find one particular one, of course I couldn't find it until today and well I thought it was a good way to spend my first day of 2013 and work on something that would symbolize the whole year from me. And so I stitched....yes you read it right....stitched...... last time I really stitched probably was May 2012, so it's been a while.
I will hopefully have a picture later to add to this entry, until then I wish everybody
a Happy and Peaceful New Year.



 

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Good word for 2013, Peace. I concur.

Anonymous said...

Yeah you crossed some happy stitches, what a good pattern to do today I agree. Happy New Year!!!