PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Thursday, March 01, 2012

This and that on a Thursday morning!

*Over the last few days I have been working on some reports for work and I am so happy with the end results. Getting a verbal " pat on the back" from my peer ( depending on what position I am covering...also my  manager lol)  just sealed the deal. I should be really happy with this one,  that I only screwed up one time is pretty remarkable in itself, because trust me there were plenty of opportunities to mess up.  But everybody is happy with the end result and I guess quarterly sales of over $ 7000 are not shabby at all. Over $ 7000 that is a lot of donkey items, and boils down to many times spent putting packages together, writing receipts, making mailing labels, standing in line at the post office, etc....all to raise some funds for our donkeys, and I am ready for the next round  as he next newsletter with the newest mail order form will go out shortly...so watch out post office ....here I come again. :)

*I had a great day yesterday and I can't really remember when I last said I had a great day, considering I spent about nine hours at work and about six of them with the  new boss in the office. Would that have been the case a few month ago, I would have rather slit my wrist sitting in the parking lot at work than venture into work. I don't think I would have stepped a foot into the building and probably quit if that would have happened one day. I admire everybody who stuck that out and I know some had to on a daily basis and some only once in a while for a couple of hours at night.I know I would have not been able to do that and I was really fortunate that way and never had to deal with that except for one time, but then I really didnt' work much either for that reason. But then on the other hand I had history with her and so I knew what was in store for me each time we came face to face or any dealings I had with her. Call me a coward but my sanity was worth more than my pay check at that time and yes I avoided being there every chance I had. So yesterday we  had some good laughs, talked about a lot of things, work related and personal. It was the first time we had really a chance to get to know each other and feel each other out as to who the other one is, the first few times we had time together in the office, I was still very guarded and also very unsure of my self, as my work environment had been stressful for so long, but having someone there who values your opinion and your input makes all the difference.  Later that  same day I had a funny encounter with another co worker, well sort of coworker, that works at a different department, and the question was posed how I liked working for the new boss and when I said how it was that coworker just looked at me and said...Oh, I heard a lot of people don't like her", well turns out that this coworker hadn't heard the news yet, and thought the current boss was just filling in while the other one was on stress leave again or sick, so I had to explain in political correct terms that the "fill in " boss is my new boss and that the other one was gone, so we laughed about that  mix up and  my answer was now acceptable and understood.

*Page three of the donkey is finished, but it is still green lol. So I am still not sure if I like it or not.
I have managed to get two free donkey beading patterns for cute little donkeys from one of my favourite Etsy shops, she was kind enough to donate the patterns to us to make our own and sell at the Market Place on Donkey Day, now I just need to find somebody who beads lol.
Well somehow I have been very fortunate to have come across very generous and kind people when it comes to supporting our donkeys, and people genereally are eager to help out in any little way they can.

*Got an unexpected invitation to lunch from one of my dear friends, that just totally made my week, I am so happy to get to meet up again and have some quality time together....that's one person I  miss daily and very dearly. Life without them around just isn't the same. So I am glad we can get together in the next little while.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Hello Tin
Oh it iso good to hear that you are enjoying life now - its been a bad Winter for you emotionally so hopefully now that that season is on the way out so are all your troubles
Take care
Cathy

Cathy @ Still Waters