PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Monday, January 09, 2012

F***** up coping skill # 1

Over the years we all develope skills that help us cope with certain situations in life, some are healthy and some are less healthy or helpful. Well maybe helpful at the time, but really there are no rhyme or reason other than they work for the moment that they are any good. Sadly I have to admit I have a few of these unhealthy coping skills.
My f***** up coping skill # 1 would be not as bad if it wasn't for the damage to other parts of your body. Since the beginning of the year I have been dealing with an unexpected tragic incident that has deeply affected me, probably more than any other thing in my life ever before. Not really sure why, but to say it's been a rough week would really be an understatement. My mind and heart have been racing non stop since that day and I actually feel quite unwell. But since life goes on and one can't just crawl into a hole and forget the world I have to deal with myself in a way that I can function somewhat, my ability to concentrate and to remember things is non existing right now, and to stop getting stuck in my own head I have resorted to one of my "favourite" coping skill.....music. Music normally makes everything better, and everybody who knows me knows that I don't leave my house with music at hand. Since I am on the road a lot driving, I always have music on, but having music on so loud that one can't hear one's own thoughts is not just a good way, hearing loss, bigger headache than I already have, just to mention a few. And somehow even music didn't do the trick, there was not one song that I could stick with, as I was constantly switching from one song to the next, all that too while driving, not so healthy either.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

We all deal with bad situations differently. I am not good at dealing with them at all. I just want to run away from my thoughts but they always catch up with me and won't let me be. We have to endure these times since we can't cope and let time to its trick. Once the heat of the moment releases a bit, we can think clearly. I am very sorry for your loss and the way it affected you.

Tina said...

Thanks Sandra!

Sharon said...

Maybe it our losses, maybe it's the weather, maybe it's ...

I am not coping well myself, thing after thing goes awry and I am looking for that hole...