PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Thursday, May 24, 2007

A tree grows


A tree grows in Brooklyn, I mean in Brantford, thanks to the thoughtfulness of my coworkers and some of my supervisors. To express their sympathy they purchased a tree to be planted in one of the local parks as a memorial to my dad. I was really touched by their way of offering comfort and it was quite emotional for me.

Thank you so very very much, that meant a lot to me. And it's a place here for me to have a memorial for my dad far away from his resting place.
******************************************************

The Memorial Forest Program is a partnership project of the Beckett-Glaves Family Funeral Centre and the Grand River Foundation in recognition of the severe depletion of our natural forests. In the Grand River watershed, only six percent of the trees remain. A tree symbolizes strength, shelter, and durability. When one life ends, another begins. It is their hope that this program will provide a source of comfort and meaning to those of us who have suffered a loss.

The beauty of the trees,
the softness of the air,
the fragrance of the grass,
speaks to me.
The summit of the mountain,
the thunder of the sky,
speaks to me.
The faintness of the stars,
the trail of the sun,
the strength of fire,
and the life that never goes away,
they speak to me.
And my heart soars.

*Chief Dan George

No comments: