PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Under Pressure

Somehow I always work a little bit better and more efficient under pressure. But I think this time I am way in over my head. I am working on this crosstitch picture for my mother's birthday, which has be done by the 13 th of July. So the last few days I have done not much else but sit outside and crosstitch and then I count the hours I spent on it and I look at the picture and it is nowhere completion. Omg! Then I get bored with it, think of starting another picture, which also has to be done by that date, but isn't even started yet, but I don't it will take that long, but then I thought that with the bird picture too, and boy does it take long. So do I work on two at the same time, or do I finish at least one first? I don't know, all this stressing out over it, makes me not wanna do it at all. How typical of me. LOL. So I will sit the next few hours on the deck and take stitch by stitch and hope it will lead somewhere. Well stitching yesterday would have been a lot easier, if I wasn't spending half the time chasing my pattern and thread through the backyard, because it was too windy, but I wanted to sit outside to get some sun. So I guess I can't really have everything I want.:). Well I better get started or it will never get finished.

2 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

welcome to my world. Sometimes I pick a certian piece of work to do for an hour or so or how ever long the boflex is working and that is the only time I work on it,and it amazing how much you can get accomplished in that time. I know another girl who pulls one strand of thread about twenty inches( which to me is way to short) and she sits down until she finished the six strands. One other stratagy that really works for me is to work on one piece for one hour and then get this I do some house work. But you could just work on the other piece for the next hour. Judging from the piece you complete on time last year this years work will be absoultly beautiful and greatly appreciated.
and for them that say stitching all day is a waste of a day can stitch this. lol have a stitch of a day.

Tina said...

I am not so sure about the appreciative part, but I am not doing it for that reason, I'm doing it because I want to do with it. If she hangs it in her closet, oh well. I have done my part. lol.