PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Friday, June 30, 2006

That's my baby

My baby is growing up and starting to evolve into this amazing person. She was always special to me anyway, but now she is sharing her being with others around her and her quiet and shy leadership skills are taking her places, small places so far,but places she can be proud of. It brings tears to my eyes to see her that way, tears of joy, because in some way she is so much like me, but she didn't let her quiet and shyness stand in her way of doing things. ( unlike her mother) and that makes me so enormously happy I can't describe it, because not for one second in her life did I ever wish how I felt and sometimes still feel on her and I am so glad and proud that she has mastered what I still struggle to master. Way to go Pookie.
To me personally academic skills were always far less important than people skills, she has her struggles in school, but works hard on everything and even if things don't go her way and don't work out as she had hoped, she isn't one to give up, she tries until she gets it. But most improved have her social skills, and who would have thought that a little girl, who at the beginning of Grade 7, didn't want to do certain things, would turn into this highly praised person by teachers and the principle. And I guess her new found leadership role and independence has earn her the position of the safety patrol captain for next year, which she is just so proud of. I can't wait to see what she will do next year, in her last one at the Elementary School level. I think she is on a good path. Keep up the good work.

1 comment:

Tina said...

lol you are only as old as you feel or act.lol. And as for me I might grow old, but I never grow up. he he he.( or does that only go for the male species?)