PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Politics

Well I was not gonna waste my time with a blog entry about politics and who is better for the job and who will do the right thing. So far I have not come across an honest politician, they are all in for their own little agendas, saying they will do the right thing for the country, but the right thing for the country is just during the campaign visible, as soon as anybody is elected these things go right out the window. So I will not sit here and write about the good points of one party or the bad points of the others ( they all have good and bad points), I will just stick to a few quotes I came across recently that kind of resonate how I feel about all this.

Politics, it seems to me, for years, or all too long, has been concerned with right or left instead of right or wrong. ~Richard Armour

Politicians are like diapers. They both need changing regularly and for the same reason. ~Author Unknown

Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right. ~H.L. Mencken, 1956

I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them. ~Adlai Stevenson, campaign speech, 1952

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Mankind will never see an end of trouble until... lovers of wisdom come to hold political power, or the holders of power... become lovers of wisdom. ~Plato, The Republic

The best thing about this group of candidates is that only one of them can win. ~Will Rogers

I go will go out to vote on Monday, January 23, 2006, I will not vote for a party, I will vote against a party.

No comments: