PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLENT TO ANIMALS RARELY STOP THERE!

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Creating a PLACE IN THE NOW


A lot of times, well most of the times, it doesn't take an awful lot to make me happy, I am definitely one who can enjoy the simpler things in life, and the things that are already all around us can bring so much joy to me, I guess that's when I am in them moment without any cloudiness in the mind.
Well last year while being in Germany, someone decided it was time to get rid of the hot tub by the deck, even though I miss it once in a while, the plans for creating a new space in that area were nice and definitely peaceful and tranquil to say the least. So all day Saturday was spent creating this space, we purchased a nice medium size waterfountain, in the form of a little waterfall, and planted some really nice flowers and bushes around it. Can you believe it, I actually picked out some flowers, me? flowers?, well here we go again:). It does look very nice and the sound of the trickling water is just one of peace, one that makes one forget everything around one and I can just sit, listen and be still.
Nothing is more relaxing and mindcalming that sitting out in nature and watching the natural movement of things, the trees swaying in the wind, the bees buzzing from flower to flower, the squirrels trying to figure out how to get to the best birdseeds, the birds trying to chase them off, the activities are ever present and ever changing, and yet everything stays the same in the larger picture. Oh if life was only that simple. ( some say "it can be ").

No comments: